Because I frequently disagree with some political adversaries, I have frequently been called a Racist. There seems to be a direct connection: disagree with me? You must be a racist.
That causes me to think about what qualifies someone as a racist. With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy, here goes:
You may be a racist IF:
- The first quality you notice about a person is race
- You try to talk in someone’s dialect to impress them
- You continually want to separate people into groups by race, sexual identity, socioeconomic status, etc.
- You value individuals on degrees of skin pigmentation
- You vote for somebody purely because of race
- You think minorities needs special treatment to be able to survive or succeed
- You identify minorities primarily as victims
Racism is ugly and intolerable. So is race-baiting. When someone from one political persuasion instantly assumes that anyone who disagrees is a Racist, maybe it is the “pot” calling the kettle “black.”
Tom Balek – Rockin’ On the Right Side
The color of your skin don’t matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony
Why Can’t We Be Friends – War