Does this sound like anybody you know? Hmm . . . maybe our federal government? Maybe the Biden administration? Maybe the Democrat Party under Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer? The crazy team on the Marxist crazy train?
Does the term “incompetence” bring to mind minority leader Kevin McCarthy or Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, neither of whom has ever initiated or demanded a regular-order federal budget, instead playing the “continuing resolution” game year after year?
Is it just me, or is the incompetence of our elected officials becoming absolutely mind-boggling?
Anyone who has owned a business, or has been a manager at any level, or for that matter, has been a line-level employee who gives a damn, completely understands the term incompetence. It just can’t be avoided. It slaps you in the face when you see it. Incompetence is so intolerable, and smells so bad, that families go to war over it. Workers quit their jobs over it. Customers flee from suppliers over it.
Have you had a boss who is or was incompetent? Did it piss you off so badly you couldn’t even see straight?
Just for fun, let’s look at some specific recent examples of the incompetence of our national leaders:
- Our nation needs a low-cost, reliable energy supply and just one year ago enjoyed economic success and foreign policy prowess as the world’s leading producer of energy
- until the Biden administration cut off pipelines and drilling, while pressing for scientifically indefensible green policies, and advocating for competing nations’ carbon-based energy development, even begging OPEC to increase oil production to hold down the inevitably skyrocketing gas prices
- Americans endure endless business, education and home life shutdowns, mask mandates and vaccine requirements due to questionable government and media COVID-19 “science”
- while our federal government overturns all existing border controls and encourages tens of thousands of illegal migrants to walk into our states without any vetting or medical clearance, and while hundreds of thousands of American COVID patients die without being allowed access to proven, inexpensive therapeutic drugs
- Federal budgets blow trillions of taxpayer dollars on corrupt schemes to reward political supporters disguised as “community organizers” who work feverishly, and illegally, to ensure the re-election of their leftist sugar daddies
The founders of our nation embraced a free-market economy and expected that government would dovetail into a routine that rewards competence. You build a better mousetrap at a lower price, and you are rewarded. I think almost everybody feels that government should run like a business – after all, what else does government do but receive and distribute money?
So how the hell did our government, made up of those we have elected, become so INCOMPETENT?
The only way out of this mess is to do what any business must do to survive. Find employees and managers who are competent, and FIRE all the incompetents.
Tom Balek, Rockin’ On the Right Side
Feeling better now that we’re through
Feeling better, ’cause I’m over you
I’ve learned my lesson, it left a scar
And now I see how you really are
You’re no good, you’re no good, you’re no good
Baby, you’re no good!
YOU’RE NO GOOD – Linda Ronstadt