And now, here’s the latest headlines from Right Side News:
- The IRS estimates they will pay out $21 billion in fraudulant refunds within the next five years. I bet it’s triple that. They received 2,137 returns from one address in Michigan in one year. They sent him $3.3 million dollars in refunds. It never occurred to the IRS top management to add one line of code to their program that checks for multiple returns or refunds at one address. By the way, your kids and grandkids will have to pay the $21 billion (or more) back to the Chinese, who loaned it to us so we could give it to the crooks. Nice work, guys.
- The White House ignored the warnings of their own budget analyst when he said the Solyndra loan would cost the taxpayers a quarter billion dollars less if they would just let it collapse. They didn’t, of course. It wasn’t their money, it was yours. And they really didn’t want to be embarrassed.
- Our Missile Defense Agency has been putting our top-security computers at risk by downloading porn from Russian web sites. Well, it’s been kind of slow around the Missile Defense Agency office. They don’t have anything important to do.
- In spite of the mind-boggling increase in our national debt, the feds just keep buying more cars, increasing their fleet to 449,000 vehicles. The taxpayers now provide only one car for every seven federal employees. But we make it up to them by providing smart phones for all of them. That way they can watch porn and play Angry Birds without having to use the office computers.
- The Post Office is now in default, owing billions of dollars on union employee benefits that it can not pay for. Oh well, it’s okay. Hey Bernanke, could you start that printing press back up?
And that’s the news for this afternoon. Actually there’s more, but I think I need a drink . . .
Tom Balek – Rockin’ On the Right Side
Money Changes Everything – Cyndi Lauper