My conservative friends and I become more and more baffled every day at the logic-defying behavior and attitudes of our leftist brethren.
Today’s news features yet another protest march – ostensibly inspired by school kids, but in reality organized, funded and scripted by hard left political organizations, and super-hyped by their allies in the news media.
It is just one more of the many provocations by today’s Democrats we endure day-by-day, hour-by-hour, demanding that we all must do something that doesn’t make any sense. When confronted with one of these absurdly irrational arguments I go through a head-shaking mental check-down. In this case:
- How do we responsible, licensed gun owners have “blood on our hands” whenever a criminal perpetrates a crime?
- Assault is already illegal. Does adding more laws make it even more illegal?
- Criminals, by definition, break laws. Does limiting gun rights for everybody make criminals less likely to break the law?
- The left seizes every opportunity to protect criminals and to hamstring and disrespect law enforcement. How can they be surprised when more crimes happen?
- The students who shoot up their classmates are almost always from fatherless homes. Why is the left so hell-bent on destroying the nuclear family and lauding single-motherhood?
- And why aren’t these protester kids in school? Do their school boards sanction political indoctrination without the participation or consent of parents? Is this just the tip of the indoctrination iceberg?
I recently had an extended conversation on gun rights and school safety with an anti-gun group called “Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America“. Well, it wasn’t really a conversation – a thinking person’s concept of conversation is that it requires listening as well as speaking. Leftists never listen. My logical challenges to their lengthy list of vapid talking points went completely unanswered.
One of the “Moms” told me directly that I should not be trusted to carry a concealed weapon. She said if a terrorist or mentally ill person came in shooting the place up, she would try to talk him out of hurting anybody. She absolutely did not want me to protect her with my gun under any circumstances.
My head physically shakes again just remembering it. You see, I grew up in a world where some truths are just obvious. If you bang yourself in the head with a rock, it will hurt. Nothing can convince me otherwise. But somehow, today’s Democrats have convinced a large number of Americans that a rock on the head is a good thing.
Pick your rock. Should we invite everybody in the world to come and live here, no questions asked? Ouch, not good. Should we encourage our young children to choose the gender they want to be? Dang, that’s gonna hurt. Should we categorize and make assumptions about people based on their skin pigmentation? Ooh, that’s gonna leave a mark. Should we let anybody vote, any time and anywhere, without even asking for identification? Oww!
No wonder my head hurts every time I turn on the news.
Tom Balek, Rockin’ On the Right Side
Won’t ever let up, hope it annoys you!
Join the pack, fill the crack
Well now you’re here, there’s no way back
Bang your head!