Anyone who listens to the leftist mainstream media must think that America is in crisis – a desperate and mean place rife with racism, cruelty, poverty and hate. It’s no accident. The Democrat playbook for all of my adult life has been the same: create a crisis, try to scare the hell out of everybody, and then promise to save us. Never mind that there is a new crisis every day, and they never actually solve any of them!
It’s such a false picture of life in the USA. Here are some recent vignettes observed by my family:
- I was in WalMart yesterday, and no I did not “smell” the Trump supporters. But I did see a senior shopper cheerfully pushing two carts from the parking lot into the cart corral at the store entrance. As I grabbed my cart I told her, “I’ll bet you are a conservative Republican.” After a stunned pause, she said, “Why yes, I am! How did you know?” “Simple,” I replied. “See those carts left in the middle of the lot and hanging off the curbs? They were left there by Democrats. We conservatives not only clean up after ourselves, we take care of the Democrats too.” We shared a laugh.
- Our community is growing like crazy and there are new homes popping up all over. One is under construction next door to my home. This morning my wife noticed a construction worker’s Mercedes convertible parked on the edge of our lawn, which is no problem, but she wanted to warn him that our automatic sprinkler would go on and she didn’t want him to get caught with his top down. They had a nice conversation, and she couldn’t help but notice how happy the craftsman, an African-American brick mason, was. “I just love my work,” he said. “And man, have I been busy!” They agreed that the economy is smoking hot, and my wife, ever the promoter, said, “Trump is doing great, isn’t he?” The brick mason flashed a huge grin. “He sure is!”
- Speaking of WalMart, after the tax reform bill was passed, we asked several employees about their jobs. They got raises and bonuses and are thrilled about it. Same story at Lowe’s and Home Depot. My men’s bible study group used to pray for church members who were unemployed. Not any more – there aren’t any.
- The Charlotte Observer printed an editorial this week decrying the requirement for voter IDs. An African-American woman replied the next day, saying, “I am so tired of being told that because I am black I am too stupid to be able to get an ID card.” She speaks for all minority citizens. And the Democrats wonder why they are rapidly losing their minority base. A steady diet of condescension is not a great way to win supporters.
- My stepmother called to wish my wife a happy birthday and as always, the conversation turned to politics. My stepmom remarked how much she hates Trump. My wife asked her what she thinks of the tax cuts. “Oh, well, that’s a good thing.” And she asked if reducing all the regulations was helping the economy. “Yes,” stepmom said, “that’s working really well.” And my wife asked if Montana was enjoying all the jobs returning because the EPA attacks against oil and coal and mining and agriculture have been shut down. “Oh that’s been really great,” stepmom agreed. We’re still not sure she gets it, but we’ll keep working on her.
So next time a frantic Democrat tells you how evil and mean and racist and bigoted and homophobic America is – how the conservatives want dirty water and foul air and starving children and abused women – just look around at all the happy faces. And vow to keep moving ahead, not back.
Tom Balek – Rockin’ On the Right Side
Good times, these are the good times
Leave your cares behind, these are the good times
Good times, these are the good times
Our new state of mind, these are the good times
Good Times – Nile Rodgers and Chic
If this song doesn’t make you happy, I can’t help ya!
3 thoughts on “Good Times! Don’t Listen to the Left!”
Thanks for the blog. Keep on pressing on.
I am the sales guy for a $4-$5M industrial automation company in WA state. I live in the Clark Fork Valley in Montana. Last year we had the best year ever and everyone got a raise and a bonus. We had 16 people then, not we have 20 and looking to hire 2-3 more. I have been doing this for 30+ years and watched the switched get flipped off and on under Clinton, then Bush and then the switch was turned off under Obama. Talking with customers for Obama’s last two years, there was a ray of hope that change had to come. I remember the day I came to the understanding that it was happening, I just smiled and said, Trump actually pulled this off and now the motor is running. Today, I just laugh at the left and watch as Trump pulls their chain over and over again. There is a movement out there to keep his program going. Hang On!!!
We had a similar experience with contractors in New Hampshire and Vermont earlier in the summer: “Never had so much work” “Put on an extra crew and still can’t get caught up.” “I’ve never seen anything like this!” Invariably they mentioned ‘Trump’.